Manager, Infrastructure Planning
Manager, Infrastructure Planning
At Civida, HOME is our focus. We are the largest provider of social and affordable housing in the Edmonton area, managing over 4,500 social housing rental units and over 700 near market housing rental units. We offer both townhouses and apartments throughout the city. We welcome the opportunity to provide our families and individuals with a safe and secure place to call home. Visit Civida for more information.
Reporting directly to the Director, Planning and Project Delivery, the Manager of Infrastructure Planning has the overall responsibility for providing leadership to successfully plan, implement, and execute efficiently and effectively on the delivery of property development initiatives. The Manager of Infrastructure Planning leads the planning, development, and implementation of the infrastructure program in support of the vision of the organization and in alignment with the Strategic Plan. The Manager provides project management oversight for the corporation’s project programs, inclusive of building renovation/refurbishment and upgrades to existing capital infrastructure.
- Lead new and innovative projects providing project leadership, subject matter expertise, and input.
- Accountable for the coordination of the project design, planning and implementation, procurement of contract services, cost estimating, budgeting, cost control, change management, scheduling, risk management and mitigation, safety and regulatory compliance and effective communications with stakeholders, external contractors and consultants, regulatory agencies, and internal team members.
- Develop and manage the strategic infrastructure program that prioritizes infrastructure renewals across the portfolio in a manner that enhances the tenants experience while optimizing the financial resources in an effective and efficient manner-Develop a rolling Strategic Infrastructure program to address deferred maintenance and renovation works. Develop and maintain a 1, 3, 5 and 10-year property management plan with a focus on reducing the deferred maintenance liabilities
- Assess and evaluate the state of the current infrastructure by undertaking and maintaining the current state of the building condition assessments for each property on an annual basis
- Develop and manage all aspects of the program budget, including projects budgets, hard costs, soft costs, and contingencies. Ensure program budget align with the required scope for the infrastructure program and available, approved funding for the program through all program implementation stages
- Take a lead role in the approval process with consultants and regulatory authorities.
- Coordinate consultants, contractors, and business partners (including government) to obtain approvals of planning and construction.
Qualifications - Minimum and Preferred (Education, Certification, Degree, Concentration, Skills, Knowledge, etc.):
- Post-secondary degree in Project Management, Construction Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Urban Planning, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- Business or similar with a minimum of five years project management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the Alberta Building Code, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Knowledge of Procurement practices and contract law.
- Extensive technical knowledge relating to residential construction, property maintenance, preventative maintenance, energy conservation and health and safety.
- Ability to estimate the costs of residential construction work.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; including presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all levels of employees is critical.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment using a number of skill sets including project management, communication, general construction knowledge and cost control.
- The position requires competent computer skills and experience using MS Office and Adobe Acrobat. Experience in Yardi is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must send in a resume with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the position and why they believe they would be a strong candidate. The resume should set out relevant work experience and any volunteer experience that provides a picture of how the candidate fits with the position requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Police Information Check.
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level