CCDC 14 + 15 Managing the Uniqueness of Design Build
CCDC 14 + 15 Managing the Uniqueness of Design Build
September 7, 2022 8:30 AM - September 9, 2022 12:30 PM (MDT)
Wednesday, September 7, 2022 8:30 AM - Friday, September 9, 2022 12:30 PM
Three 1/2 day sessions 8:30am - 12:30pm MST,
Part 1 - September 7,
Part 2 - September 8
Part 3 - September 9
“Innovation, Performance and Trust are the Cornerstones for Design-Build”
From the Project Owner creating their Statement of Requirements, to the Consultants understanding their unique roles, to the Contractor developing and implementing practices to optimize Design Build performance, all partners need to grasp the nuances of Design-Build. This Workshop will discuss the unique contractual conditions when a Project Owner employs this Project Delivery Method and essential insights for improving your chances of success with Design Build. We will focus on the crucial clauses in the CCDC 14 + 15 contracts and the fundamental elements of Design-Build for project success. These technical skills, as well as critical insights into the challenges and opportunities from each partners’ perspective, make this Workshop the “sharp arrow you need in your quiver”.
Whether you are the:
- Project Owner or P3 Developer seeking qualified contractors or issuing a proposal request,
- Design Consultant creating, reviewing or participating in the process for Design Build or Integrated Project Delivery,
- General Contractor responding to any project delivery method process, or the
- Subcontractor new to the "Invitation" activities,
This session will share decades of expertise from a Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor on how to make sure each partner is successful in the pursuit.
- Gain an understanding of the Design Build process
- Recognize when to use Design Build as a Project Delivery Method
- Learn how to improve your chances of project success with Design Build
- Understand the Project Owner's Initial Action Items
- Determine how to procure and evaluate Design Build services
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of each partner for team success
- Become familiar with best practices to optimize Design Build performance
- Understand the key clauses in CCDC 14 & 15
- Learn the key elements to focus on for project success
- Acquire critical insights into the challenges and opportunities with the Design Build Delivery Method
- Learn the key drivers to developing a Design Build organization
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Understanding the keys to success for Design Build is important for all industry partners! This course is most applicable to mid to upper management personnel who will actively be working on Design Build projects and administering the contracts, including:
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners – Public and Private (including procurement personnel)
- Third-party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance Specialists
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 20 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes): August 31, 2022 2:30pm - 3:00pm
- Three (3) morning sessions (3 1/2 hours each) over 3 days
- Day 1: September 7: 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Day 2: September 8: 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Day 3: September 9: 8:30am - 12:30pm
- Attendance and participation in all three workshop sessions is mandatory for workshop completion. *Please note that If a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fees.
WORKSHOP REQUIREMENTS (TECHNOLOGY & PARTICIPATION)
This workshop requires full face-to-face interaction and participation from both the instructor and students. In order to attend, you must make sure you have the following:
- Computer or laptop with webcam (webcams are mandatory): This workshop will involve 100% on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content like slides or videos, and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, you must have a webcam and use a full computer/laptop, and we do not permit students to attend using a tablet or cell phone.
- A quiet space with minimal distractions: Please plan to be fully engaged in the class, and clear your work schedule just as you would for attendance in an in-class program.
- Group attendance via one paid registration is not permitted. Every person able to see, hear, and observe the virtual curse sessions must be a paid participant.
- Use of virtual backgrounds is not permitted.
This course is delivered in partnership between your local construction association and other associations throughout Western Canada. You’ll be participating in a cohort with industry peers from across these regions.
This course is worth 2 Gold Seal Credit
CANADA - ALBERTA JOB GRANT
Did you know!! Eligible employers can get government funding to help employees access training opportunities. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant will give you up to 2/3 of the registration fee (up to $10,000/employee/fiscal year) for training. Whether taking one course or a combination of courses, the total training must be a minimum of 21 hours and be completed within 52 weeks.
Overview How to Apply
, AB Canada