Tuesday, October 18, 2022 8:30am - Thursday, October 20, 2022 12:30pm
VIRTUAL INSRTUCTOR LED CLASS
Three 1/2 day sessions 8:30am - 4:30pm MST
Part 1 - October 18
Part 2 - October 19
Part 3 - October 20
For the first time, we are bringing virtual instructor-led expertise to your office through the synergy of multi-disciplinary trainers’ knowledge that has only been delivered at conferences. And it gets better! In the past, conference presentations have been focused on a one-way exchange of know-how from the speakers to you. This course moves beyond that one-way exchange to allow you to apply what you have learned.
CCDC 5A & 5B: Construction Management “Keys to Success” will help you:
- Gain an understanding of the Construction Management process
- Recognize when to use Construction Management as a Delivery Method
- Learn the roles of each partner for collaborative success
- Determine when and how to procure Construction Management services
- Identify tools and techniques to optimize Construction Management performance
- Grasp the nuances of the different forms of Construction Management contracts – CCDC 5A|5B (industry-standard contracts)
- Understand the duties assigned and compensation for Preconstruction, Construction and Post-Construction in the CCDC 5A | 5B
- Practice the key elements to focus on for project success:
- Engage the design-assist process
- Align budgets to estimates
- Use design control to promote cost control
- Apply the learned knowledge to establish the Construction Manager’s compensation
- Discuss the pros and cons for conversion to consolidated pricing
- Acquire critical insights into the challenges with the Construction Management Delivery Method
A team of multi-disciplinary experts will provide you with exceptional feedback, great insight and actionable strategies. We look forward to sharing this expertise with you.
Project success takes more than just understanding what is “written” in your contract; it’s about leveraging key requirements from start to finish!
Many projects run into cost overruns, schedule delays, quality and performance issues. Thus, Project Owners are looking for solutions!
Construction Management is a great solution if done well! Construction Management is about building a collaborative team from the outset of the project. The team is comprised of the Project Owner, Consultant and Contractor to address the key areas of functional requirements, time, cost, quality, and constructability.
Whether you are the Project Owner, Consultant, General Contractor or Subcontractor, you need to understand your Construction Management roles and responsibilities throughout all project phases: predesign, design, project delivery, and post-construction. You also need to be well versed in the Construction Management project drivers and concepts in order to fulfill your contractual responsibilities and achieve success. A well-orchestrated Construction Management project drives success for all partners.
It is recommended that students have some experience in a construction/contract management role and/or have familiarity with contract language, format, and usage. Those with less experience are welcome to attend but may find it hard to absorb and appreciate the material without prior experience or context.
Who Should Attend?
Understanding the keys to success for construction management is important for all industry partners! This course is most applicable to mid-management personnel who will actively be working on Construction Management projects and administering the contract.
- General Contractors and Subcontractors:
- Construction Company Owners/Managers
- Project Managers
- Commercial Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Project Owners – Public and Private
- Third-party Project Managers (for the Project Owner)
- Architects and Engineers
- Bonding and Insurance specialists
- Live, Online, Instructor-led training, with a maximum class size of 30 students.
- This workshop is facilitated on the Zoom platform. Access information from the instructor will be provided to you in advance of the orientation and training.
- Orientation Session (30 minutes) October 13, 2022 (2:30 - 3:00pm)
- Three (3) morning sessions (4 hours each) over 3 days – 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Part 1 - October 18
- Part 2 - October 19
- Part 3 - October 20
- Attendance and participation in all three work shop sessions are mandatory for workshop completion.
*Please note that if a student misses a class session, we are unable to transfer a registration or provide a partial refund of the registration fee's.