Proposal Writing Career Workshop
Proposal Writing Career Workshop
November 9, 2023 (8:00 AM - 11:00 AM) (MST)
Interested in pursuing a career as a proposal writer?
Are you intrigued by the idea of becoming a proposal professional but unsure about how to begin your journey?
In this three-hour session, you’ll be introduced to intriguing aspects of the proposal profession and gain valuable insights from experienced proposal writers.
Proposal Writing Career Workshop will help you understand:
- What a proposal writer does
- Fundamentals of the Construction Industry
- Collaborative Development and Project Management
- Professional Growth and Stress Management
- What has brought you to this session?
- What do you find interesting or appealing about the proposal profession?
What Does a Proposal Professional Do?
- What are the specific responsibilities of a proposal professional in the construction industry?
- How do proposal professionals contribute to the bidding and project acquisition process?
Construction Industry Understanding:
- Fundamentals of Construction Concepts, Terminology, and Processes
- Different Construction Methods, Materials, and Project Types
- Effective Communication: Written and Verbal Skills
- Conveying Complex Technical Information to Diverse Audiences
Crafting Compelling Proposals
- Technical Writing for Persuasive Proposal Development
- Addressing Client Needs and Project Requirements in Proposals
- Tailoring Proposals to Meet Client Expectations and Stand Out from Competitors
Collaborative Development and Project Management
- Collaboration with Various Departments: Engineering, Design, Finance, Legal
- Coordinating Multidisciplinary Teams for Cohesive Proposal Development
- Applying Project Management Principles to Meet Proposal Submission Deadlines
Professional Growth and Stress Management
- Strategies for Personal and Professional Growth in Proposal Management
- Managing Stress in the Fast-Paced Construction Industry
Testimonials and Feedback
- Testimonials from various proposal professionals in the industry.
- Discussion content information
- What is next?
Instructor - Amy Spark
My favorite quote ” the proof is in the pudding”
When it comes to pursuit and marketing, the only way to be successful is with a strong process and a unified team response which is also adaptable and scalable to the opportunity.
Amy is a strong pursuit and marketing professional with over 12 years of experience supporting various industries including pipeline, heavy civil, highway maintenance and construction, industrial, healthcare, major infrastructure, and utilities. Amy possesses extensive experience in the management of small and large-scale proposals. She recognizes the industry shift to create customized content in a competitive market in addition to the need to make proposals and marketing a collaborative effort.
Amy is passionate about learning and teaching others in our industry. In the last four years, Amy has graduated from Digital Publishing and Graphic Design in addition to other certifications related to proposal and market management. Currently, Amy facilitates technical writing and grammar workshops aimed at empowering others to gain confidence in their technical writing.
Member - $190.00 + GST
Non-Member - $290.00 + GST
Edmonton, AB Canada